Personal Information Collection Statement.
Please note the following regarding the information you choose to submit via any webform (“Form”) on megaport.com (“Site”):
Who we are: Megaport (Services) Pty Ltd operates the Site and collects your information for itself and the relevant Megaport Ltd group entity responsible for servicing the country to which your request relates.
Why we require your information: Different Forms are used for different user request types (be it to obtain an info paper or report; request a demo; register for an event; make a general enquiry; or to be contacted by our sales team etc.). Depending on the Form type, certain information will be compulsory in order to meet your request (with such fields usually being indicated by an asterisk, ‘*’), whilst other information may only be voluntary. We’ll collect the information you choose to submit for purposes of meeting your request and our related legitimate interests, as follows:
- We’ll use your email address and phone number to respond to your request and to give you further information about our products and services. You are entitled to unsubscribe from receiving any such promotional emails or calls at any time (via unsubscribe links in those emails or via firstname.lastname@example.org). Note that if you have accepted our Site cookies, your email address will be associated therewith for business intelligence purposes.
- Your name is often required in order to address the email to you properly and avoid our email ending up in your spam folder.
- As Megaport provides B2B services aimed at corporate entities, your job title and the company you work for may be required depending on the nature of the request, in order to best meet your request, and for business intelligence purposes.
- We require you to specify the country relevant to your request in order to direct your request to the correct Megaport entity or to send you the appropriate material as well as for business intelligence purposes.
- As we offer different types of services, we often require you to indicate the type of services you’re interested in in order to best respond to your request and for business intelligence purposes.
- When we refer to ‘business intelligence purposes’ above, we mean ascertaining where there’s a demand for our services and for which types of services, and/or whether our Site is user-friendly enough and how we might improve its performance and our service offering more generally.